A few updates from me…
- Let’s start with food. The Absurdly Addictive Asparagus from Food 52 is aptly named. Pancetta, leeks, citrus zest, pine nuts - amaze. The Pioneer Woman’s sour cream pancakes will change the way you see pancakes. As in you’ll want to eat them every day. Finally, obsessed with the mini almond biscotti from Trader Joe’s.
- Mother’s Day came and went and was kind of strange. Steve and I ended up arguing (during Ryan’s nap - parenthood!). Stupid holidays and expectations and whatnot. We salvaged the day and had a nice evening. The peonies from Steve, in bloom on the dining table, are so gorgeous and I’m very grateful to be a momx2. And on top of that, very grateful for my amazing mom.
- Last night Ryan woke up at 4am, scrying (cry+scream). He told me he was scared - the first time that’s ever happened. His first nightmare perhaps? He didn’t want to elaborate and went back to sleep after a hug, but poor guy!
- 3 months old! What??? How??? When??? While I obvs loved the newborn snuggles, this is when it gets really good. The worst of sleep deprivation is behind, Evan seems less breakable, our day isn’t consumed with feedings.
- Speaking of sleep, Evan has pushed his bedtime earlier which is good and healthy and I knew it was coming. But now he wakes up at 6:45-7 everyday. I expect it to get even earlier before it gets better one day. Silver lining is I get time with Evan while Ryan is sleeping (usually), but have I mentioned how much I love sleep?
PSA for nursing mamas - I present to you my summer uniform.
Both from Old Navy. I’m trying not to spend much money on clothes that fit me now, especially with a maternity leave budget. But I’m the kind of girl who lives in dresses during the sunny months, and needed some that are compatible with nursing. Affordable, cute and easy access.
it’s chilly today and I’m sleepy and Ev and I have spent lots of time snuggling while waiting for big brother to wake up